- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Overview: investigating Newton's law
- 3 Uncertainty: variation, probability and inference
- 4 Exploratory data analysis: gene expression microarrays
- 5 Experimental design: agricultural field experiments and clinical trials
- 6 Simple comparative experiments: comparing drug treatments for chronic asthmatics
- 7 Statistical modelling: the effect of trace pollutants on plant growth
- 8 Survival analysis:living with kidney failure
- 9 Time series analysis: predicting fluctuations in daily maximum temperatures
- 10 Spatial statistics: monitoring air pollution
- Appendix The R computing environment
- Statistics and Scientific Method
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.