- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Some Clarification from Another Direction
- 3 The Probability Connection
- 4 Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- 5 The Presumed Extensivity of Entropy
- 6 Nonequilibrium States
- 7 Steady-State Processes
- 8 Sources and Time-Dependent Processes
- 9 Thermal Driving
- 10 Application to Fluid Dynamics
- 11 Irreversibility, Relaxation, and the Approach to Equilibrium
- 12 Entropy Production And Dissipation Rates
- Appendix A Perturbation Theory
- Appendix B Dissipative Currents and Galilean Invariance
- Appendix C Analytic Continuation of Covariance Functions
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- Entropy and the Time Evolution of Macroscopic Systems
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.