- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Elements of Radiative Qantum Transition
- 3 Elements of atomic spectroscopy
- 4 Elementary excitation processes in rarefied plasmas
- 5 Astrophysical rarefied gas/plasma
- 6 Basic elements of laser physics
- 7 Introduction to astrophysical lasers
- 8 Basics of collisionally pumped astrophysical lasers
- 9 Basics of optically pumped astrophysical lasers
- 10 Anomalous spectral effects in the Weigelt blobs of Eta Carinae
- 11 Astrophysical lasers on the Fe II lines
- 12 Astrophysical laser in the O I 8446 Å line
- 13 Narrowing of spectral lines in astrophysical lasers
- 14 Possibility of scattering feedback in astrophysical masers/lasers
- 15 Nonlinear optical effects in astrophysical conditions
- 16 Laser and interstellar communications
- Appendix A: Useful units
- Astrophysical Lasers
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.