- Title Pages
- A History of Cant and Slang Dictionaries
- List of Illustrations
- Abbreviations and Conventions
- 1 Francis Grose’s <i>Classical Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue</i>
- 2 Dictionaries Based on Grose’s
- 3 Humphry Tristram Potter
- 4 James Hardy Vaux
- 5 Pierce Egan
- 6 John Bee
- 7 Minor British Cant and Slang Lists
- 8 Some American Cant and Slang Lists
- 9 College Dictionaries
- 10 Conclusions
- Word Index
- Subject Index
- A History of Cant and Slang Dictionaries: Volume II
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.