- Title Pages
- List of Tables
- 1 Missions and Missiology from the 1760s
- 2 Preaching Liberty: Orphans, Slaves, and Citizenship, 1760–1800
- 3 The Church Missionary Society, 1799–1810
- 4 The Heroic Phase (1): Corporate Redefinition and Controversy, 1810–20
- 5 The Heroic Phase (2): Missionary Praxis, 1818–32
- 6 Christian Empire (1): The Overseas Dioceses, 1820–40
- 7 Christian Empire (2): Managing the Missions, 1840–60
- 8 From Christian Empire to Global Communion, 1850–70
- Some Concluding Remarks
- Appendix 1 SPG Board Meetings, 1751–1860: Attendances by Bishops
- Appendix 2 Anniversary Preachers’ Use of Biblical Texts
- Bibliographies and Sources
- Corporate Holiness
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.