- Title Pages
- 2002: Preface and Acknowledgements
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1962: Introduction
- Chapter 1 2005 to 1938: Lifting Social Groups Out of the Landscape
- 2 1938: The British Intellectual and Highbrow Culture
- 3 1954: The Challenge of Technical Identity
- 4 1940: The Resurgence of Gentlemanly Expertise in Post-war Britain
- 5 1962: The Moment of Sociology
- 6 1956: The End of Community: The Quest for the English Middletown
- 7 1951: The Interview and the Melodrama of Social Mobility
- 8 1941: The Sample Survey and the Modern Rational Nation
- 9 1948 to 1962: The Remaking of Social Class Identities
- Appendix Manuscript sources consulted
- Name Index
- Place Index
- Subject Index
- Identities and Social Change in Britain since 1940
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.