- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Definitional Priority and Definitionally Primary Items
- 3 Matter within a Form's Essence?
- 4 Natural Form, Mathematical Form, and Platonist Errors
- 5 Natural Forms as Essentially Matter‐ and Change‐Involving
- 6 Material and Change‐Related Features of a Natural Form's Essence
- 7 Essentially Enmattered Form as Prior to Matter: A Modest Proposal
- 8 Priority in Nature or in Substance
- 9 Platonist Ontological Priority
- 10 Evidence for Priority in Being [PIB] in Metaphysics Δ.11
- 11 The Ontological Priority of Particular Substances
- 12 Definitional and Ontological Priority [PIB]
- 13 Test Cases for Ontological Priority [PIB]
- 14 Conclusion: Further Problems and Some Suggestions
- Appendix 1: Metaphysics Z.11, 1036b28: αἰσθητὸν or αἰσθητικὸν?
- Appendix 2: Textual and Interpretative Issues in Metaphysics Δ.11, 1019a1–14
- Index Locorum
- General Index
- Index Nominum
- Priority in Aristotle's Metaphysics
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.