- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 A New Hat for Hārītī
- Chapter 2 Scarecrows, <i>Up</i> <i>ā</i> <i>sakas</i>, Fetuses, and Other Child Monastics in Middle-Period Indian Buddhism
- Chapter 3 The Buddha’s “Childhood”
- Chapter 4 The Inheritance of Rāhula
- Chapter 5 The Precocious Child in Chinese Buddhism
- Chapter 6 Representing Childhood in Chinese Buddhism
- Chapter 7 “What Children Need”
- Chapter 8 Picturing Buddhism
- Chapter 9 Ordination (<i>Pabbajj</i> <i>ā</i>) as Going Forth?
- Chapter 10 Monk and Boy
- Chapter 11 Buddhism as a Vehicle for Girls’ Safety and Education in Thailand
- Chapter 12 Superheroes and Slapstick
- Chapter 13 Once We Were…
- Chapter 14 Zen-Boy Ikkyū
- Chapter 15 Marrying the “Thought of Enlightenment”
- Chapter 16 Children in Himalayan Monasteries
- Chapter 17 The Westernization of Tulkus
- Chapter 18 “Give Me My Inheritance”
- Chapter 19 Young Lord Maitreya
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.