- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Violence abroad
- 3 Uncomfortable compatriots
- 4 Divided generations
- 5 The escalation of violence
- 6 Who was who in the GDR—and why?
- 7 Transitions from Nazism to communism
- 8 Mobilization for the future (again)
- 9 The ‘iron cage’: Coming to terms with the present
- 10 Embodying the past
- 11 Turning points
- 12 Conclusions
- Select Bibliography
- Dissonant Lives
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.