- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Why Study Bundles of Reforms?
- 2 To Reform or Not to Reform?
- 3 The Changes to Core Democratic Rules in Western Europe, 1990–2010
- 4 Disentangling the Long- and Short-Term Determinants of the Reforms of Core Democratic Rules
- 5 The Mechanisms of Institutional Reforms in Action
- 6 You Win Some, You Lose Some
- 7 An Unexpected Journey
- 8 Bundling the Bundles
- 9 Conclusion
- Appendix 1 Complete List of the Reforms of Core Democratic Rules Adopted in the Eighteen Western European Democracies, 1990–2010
- Appendix 2 Detailed Criteria of the Classification of Reforms in the Function of their Scope (Substantial vs. Minor)
- Appendix 3 Detailed Criteria of the Classification of Reforms in the Function of Their Direction (Inclusive vs. Exclusive)
- Appendix 4 Explanatory Variables for the Descriptive Models on Long-Term Determinants of Reform
- Appendix 5 Summary of the Spread of the Explanatory Variables for the Descriptive Models on Long-Term Determinants of Reform
- Appendix 6 Explanatory and Control Variables for Models 1 to 6
- Appendix 7 Actual Distribution of the Total Number of Reforms Adopted by Legislature Compared to the Poisson and the Negative Binomial Distribution
- Appendix 8 Determinants of the Number of Institutional Reforms Adopted by Legislature in Western Europe (1990–2010), Omitting One Dimension
- Appendix 9 Determinants of the Number of Substantial Institutional Reforms Adopted by Legislature in Western Europe (1990–2010)
- Appendix 10 Methodology of the Case Studies
- Appendix 11 Main Institutional Reforms Promised in the Manifestos of the Major Irish Parties, 2011
- Reforming Democracy
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.