- Title Pages
- 1 A Foothold in Paris
- 2 Early Patrons and Favours
- 3 Identifying Pastoral Strategies
- 4 Founding a Congregation of Missionaries
- 5 The Lazarist Missionary
- 6 Saint-Lazare, Bons-Enfants, and Clerical Formation
- 7 Patrons and Houses (1635–1643)
- 8 New Houses, New Purposes, New Problems (1643–1660)
- 9 The Confraternities of Charity
- 10 Affinities, Associations, and Projects of Charity
- 11 Power to Appoint?
- 12 Leaving a Legacy in a Fragmented Church
- Appendix 1 Lazarist Houses Established in France, 1625–1660
- Appendix 2 Endowed Lazarist Missions in France, 1625–1660
- Appendix 3 Other Significant Donations for Lazarist Works in France, 1625–1660
- Vincent de Paul, the Lazarist Mission, and French Catholic Reform
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.