- Title Pages
- 1 The Nature of Science
- 2 The Nature of Light
- 3 The Reality of Atoms
- 4 The Quantum Hypothesis
- 5 The Nuclear Atom
- 6 Creating Quantum Mechanics
- 7 Quantum Boxes, Stringed Instruments
- 8 Quantum Theory
- 9 The Hydrogen Atom and Its Colorful Photons
- 10 Spin ½ and the Periodic Table
- 11 Interference Phenomena: Exploring the Essential Mystery
- 12 Macroscopic Manifestations of Quantum Mechanics
- 13 Quantum Tunneling
- 14 Entanglement and the Elements of Reality
- 15 Schrödinger’s Cat and the Meaning of It All
- Appendix A List of Symbols, etc.
- Appendix B Powers of Ten
- Appendix C Energy, Mass, Momentum, Angular Momentum
- Appendix D Vectors and Coordinate Systems
- Appendix E Notes on Probability
- Surfing the Quantum World
Frank S. Levin
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.