- Title Pages
- List of Figures and Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Urban Sprawl: What is Urbanization and Why does it Matter?
- 2 The Early Iron Age Urban Forms of Cyprus
- 3 Forms and Processes: Some Thoughts on the Meaning of Urbanization in Early Archaic Greece
- 4 Urbanization in Etruria
- 5 The Beginnings of Urbanization in Rome
- 6 Early Urbanization between 800 and 600 BC in the Pontine Region (South Lazio), the Salento Isthmus (Apulia), and the Sibaritide (Northern Calabria)
- 7 Urban Foundations? Colonial Settlement and Urbanization in the Western Mediterranean
- 8 Urbanization and Spatial Organization in Southern France and North-Eastern Spain during the Iron Age
- 9 Mainake: the Legend and the New Archaeological Evidence
- 10 The Culture of Urbanization in the Mediterranean <i>c</i>.800–600 BC
- 11 Village to City: Staples and Luxuries? Exchange Networks and Urbanization
- 12 Statics and Dynamics: Ancient Mediterranean Urbanism
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.