- Title Pages
- To Carl Mannerfelt who encouraged me to search beyond my own horizons, and to Erdenebayar who was the gatekeeper
- Note on the Text
- PART ONE: Sites that Gather
- 1 The Mountain and the Runaway Daughter
- 2 Vessels of Harnessed Fortune
- 3 Assemblage at the Household Chest
- PART TWO: Separation as Growth
- 4 Boundaries and their Transgression
- 5 The Mirror’s Reflections and Refractions
- 6 Housing Others in Rebirths
- PART THREE: Absent Presences
- 7 Managing the Landscape’s Resources
- 8 The Ambiguous Power of Fire and Sites of Accumulation
- 9 The Generative Potential of Movement
- Appendix A Photographic Montages, Individual Portraits, and Private Albums
- Appendix B Shamanic Genealogies
- Appendix C Biographies
- Appendix D Glossary of Terms and Names
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.