- Title Pages
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The South Coast Desert
- 3. A Lost Landscape: Ancient Settlement of Samaca and Ullujaya
- 4. Tracing Landscape Change: The Geomorphological Record
- 5. Tracing Human Ecology: The Archaeobotanical and Malacological Record
- 6. Deforestation
- 7. The Huarango: The Genus <i>Prosopis</i> on the South Coast
- 8. The Huarango in the Desert Riparian and Agricultural Ecosystem
- 9. The Sonoran Desert: An Ethnoecological Analogue?
- 10. Putting the Tree Back into the Landscape
- Appendix: A comparison of Sonoran Desert and South Coast Peru Flora
- The Lost Woodlands of Ancient Nasca
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.