- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Imagining Rome in Medieval Constantinople
- 3 The Present and the Past in the Sagas of Icelanders
- 4 Monastic Historical Culture and the Utility of a Remote Past
- 5 Legend and Historical Experience in Fifteenth-Century Ottoman Narratives of the Past
- 6 The Chronicler and the Count
- 7 The Poetry of History in Early Modern India
- 8 The Immediacy of a Remote Past
- 9 Ancient Past, Modern Ceremony
- 10. La Rosca de Investigación y Acción Social
- 11. Chinese History as a Constructed Continuity
- 12. Memory as Theatre
- 13. Conclusion
- How the Past was Used
- Peter Lambert, Björn Weiler
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.