- Title Pages
- 1 Thorkel Farserk Goes for a Swim: Climate Change, the Medieval Optimum, and the Perils of Amateurism
- 2 ‘The North Remembers’: The Uses and Abuses of the Middle Ages in Irish Political Culture
- 3 Writing the Nation: Historians and National Identities from the Nineteenth to the Twenty-First Centuries1
- 4 War, Church, Empire and the Medieval in British Histories for Children
- 5 ‘Adventure? What Is That?’ On Iwein
- 6 Saints’ Cults and Celebrity: The Medieval Legacy
- 7 Is Medieval Music the New Avant-Garde? The Wilful, the Wayward and the Playful
- 8 Medievalism, Byzantinism, and Bulgarian Politics through the Archival Lens
- 9 Digital Mouvance: Once and Future Medieval Poetry Remediated in the Modern World1
- 10 Forging ‘Medieval’ Identities: Fortini’s Calendimaggio and Pasolini’s Trilogy of Life
- 11 Chaucer’s and Wordsworth’s Vivid Daisies
- 12 Time, Place, Language and Translation: Ciaran Carson’s The Inferno and The Táin
- 13 Visuality, Violence and the Return of the Middle Ages: Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds as an Adaptation of the Nibelungen Story
- 14 Black Skin, Green Masks: Medieval Foliate Heads, Racial Trauma, and Queer World-Making
- 15 The Medium Is the Byzantine: Popular Culture and the Byzantine
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.