- Title Pages
- 1 The Storm Is Passing Over: The Black Church in Perspective
- 2 If Tombstones Could Talk: The Evolution of the Black Church in Savannah
- 3 General Sherman and the Black Church
- 4 The Crisis of Emancipation and Reconstruction in Savannah
- 5 Rev. Ralph Mark Gilbert and the Civil Rights Movement in Savannah
- 6 First African Baptist Church, Richmond: Seedbed of Social Reform
- 7 New-Time Religion
- 8 The Black Church and the Male Youth Crisis
- 9 The Black Church Confronts the HIV/AIDS Crisis
- 10 A Tale of Two Cities: Black Churches in Denver and Atlanta
- 11 Often Seen, Seldom Called: The Legacy of Jerena Lee
- 12 Twelve Gates to the City
- 13 Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian
- 14 One More River to Cross: The Black Church Faces the Future
- Appendix A: Project Advisory Committee Members
- Appendix B: Studying Contemporary Black Churches
- Appendix C: Tables
- Mighty Like a River
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.