- Title Pages
- <i>To my daughter Anna, who helped me through Boltzmann’s dense German</i>
- Figure Acknowledgements
- 1 <i>A short biography of Ludwig Boltzmann</i>
- 2 <i>Physics before Boltzmann</i>
- 3 <i>Kinetic theory before Boltzmann</i>
- 4 <i>The Boltzmann equation</i>
- 5 <i>Time irreversibility and the H-theorem</i>
- 6 <i>Boltzmann’s relation and the statistical interpretation of entropy</i>
- 7 <i>Boltzmann, Gibbs, and equilibrium statistical mechanics</i>
- 8 <i>The problem of polyatomic molecules</i>
- 9 <i>Boltzmann’s contributions to other branches of physics</i>
- 10 <i>Boltzmann as a philosopher</i>
- 11 <i>Boltzmann and his contemporaries</i>
- 12 <i>The influence of Boltzmann’s ideas on the science and technology of the twentieth century</i>
- “A German professor’s journey into Eldorado”*
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.