- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 The Performance of European Enterprise during the Twentieth Century
- 2 Methodology and Traps
- 3 Ownership and Performance in European Big Business
- 4 The Performance of Belgian Enterprises in the Twentieth Century
- 5 The Performance of British Business in the Twentieth Century
- 6 The Performance of French Business in the Twentieth Century
- 7 The Performance of German Big Business in the Twentieth Century
- 8 Big Business Performance in Twentieth-Century Italy
- 9 Spanish Business Performance in the Twentieth Century
- 10 Growth and Profits in Swedish and Finnish Big Business in the Twentieth Century
- 11 Old Industries in Europe, 1911–2000
- 12 The Performance of ‘Chandlerian Enterprises’
- 13 The Performance of European Transport and Utilities in the Twentieth Century
- 14 Commercial and Financial Services
- Appendix Companies in the Large Sample
- The Performance of European Business in the Twentieth Century
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.