- Title Pages
- 1 British Worldwide Expansion
- 2 State and Empire
- 3 War and its Transformations: The Atlantic 1754–1763
- 4 War and its Transformations: India 1754–1765
- 5 Ideas of Empire 1763–1776: The ‘Old’ Empire
- 6 Ideas of Empire 1763–1776: The ‘New’ Empire
- 7 The Making of Empire, I: India, New Imperial Structures 1765–1783
- 8 The Making of Empire, II: India, Madras, Bombay and Bengal 1765–1778
- 9 The Unmaking of Empire, I: North America 1763–1768
- 10 The Unmaking of Empire, II: North America 1768–1775
- 11 War and its Resolutions 1775–1783
- The Making and Unmaking of Empires
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.