- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Contributors
- 1 A Legitimacy Crisis of Representative Democracy?
- 2 The Myth of Legitimacy Decline
- 3 Modernization, Globalization, and Satisfaction with Democracy
- 4 Social Capital and the Development of Political Support in Europe
- 5 Legitimacy Decline and Party Decline
- 6 Media Malaise and the Decline of Legitimacy
- 7 Institutions and Political Support
- 8 Dissecting the Causal Chain from Quality of Government to Political Support
- 9 Economic Outcomes, Quality of Governance, and Satisfaction with Democracy
- 10 Political Support in the Wake of Policy Controversies
- 11 Studying Political Legitimacy
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Myth and Reality of the Legitimacy Crisis
- Carolien van Ham, Jacques Thomassen, Kees Aarts, Rudy Andeweg
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.