- Title Pages
- Verses Accompanying ‘Schools of the Humanities’
- Chapter One: Gentle Labour: Jesuit Georgic in the Age of Louis XIV
- Chapter Two: Marvellous Works: The Poetry of Wonder in Baroque Naples
- Chapter Three: Cultivating Science: French ‘Meteorological’ Georgic
- Chapter Four: Breaking Ground: Scientific Poetry in Enlightenment Rome
- Chapter Five: Arts of Life: The Poetry of Inner and Outer Refinement
- Appendix One Slavery in New World Jesuit Georgic
- Appendix Two Poetic Sports at Louis-le-Grand
Ideology and Industry in Jesuit Latin Didactic Poetry
- Loyola's Bees
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.