- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Transparency in Historical Perspective
- 2 Varieties of Transparency
- 3 Transparency as a Human Right
- 4 Transparency as an Instrumental Value
- 5 Transparency and the Ethics of Communication
- 6 The More Closely We Are Watched, the Better We Behave?
- 7 Dashed Expectations: Governmental Adaptation to Transparency Rules
- 8 What Hope for Freedom of Information in the UK?
- 9 Member-State Budgetary Transparency in the Economic and Monetary Union
- 10 Does Transparency Make a Difference? The Example of the European Council of Ministers
- 11 Varieties of Software and their Implications for Effective Democratic Government
- 12 Transparency and Digital Government
- 13 Beyond Exchanging First Principles? Some Closing Comments
- Transparency: The Key to Better Governance?
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.