- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The Roots of Public Pensions Provision: Social Insurance and the Beveridge Plan
- 3. Politics and Pensions in Post-war Britain
- 4. Why So Different? Why So Bad a Future?
- 5. The ‘Scandal’ of Women’s Pensions in Britain: How Did It Come About?
- 6. Gender Inequalities: Sidelined in British Pension Policy
- 7. How to Address Gender Inequality in British Pensions
- 8. Occupational Pensions and the Search for Security
- 9. Why Has It All Gone Wrong? The Past, Present, and Future of British Pensions
- 10. The UK Occupational Pension System in Crisis
- 11. Paying for Our Futures: The Political Economy of Pension Reform in the UK
- 12. Financing UK Pensions
- 13. Anglo-Saxon Occupational Pensions in International Perspective
- 14. Pension Reforms in Southern Europe: The Italian Experience
- 15. Perspectives on Pensions in Eastern Europe
- 16. Reforming Pensions in Germany and Sweden: New Pathways to a Better Future?
- 17. Epilogue
- Britain's Pensions Crisis
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.