- Title Pages
- Chronology of Selected Publications by Xavier Marmier<sup>1</sup>
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Formative Years in the Franche-Comté (1808–31)
- 3 Germany (1832–5): ‘la rêveuse, la poétique, la mélancolique Allemagne’<sup>1</sup>
- 4 Iceland (1836): ‘L’Invitation au voyage’
- 5 Denmark (1837): ‘le bon, le noble pays du Danemark’<sup>1</sup>
- 6 The Early Swedish Experience (1837–8): ‘jours de paix, d’étude, d’amour’<sup>1</sup>
- 7 Sweden II (1838): Norway, Lapland, and the Northern Star
- 8 Star Status: Rennes and Spitzbergen (1839)
- 9 Into Hostile Territory: Holland and Russia (1840–2)
- 10 From the Doubs to the Desert (1843–6)
- 11 Revolution and Republic (1848–50)
- 12 The Transitional Years (1851–69)
- 13 A Decade of Tumult (1870–9)
- 14 The Last Years (1880–92)
- Index of People
- The Life and Travels of Xavier Marmier (1808-1892)
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.