- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Mythological and Heroic Names in the Onomastics of Atrax (Thessaly)
- 2 The Twelve Tribes of Atrax: a Lexical Study
- 3 Thessalian Personal Names and the Greek Lexicon
- 4 The Ptolemaic Garrison of Hermoupolis Magna
- 5 Was there an Anthroponymy of Euboian Origin in the Chalkido-Eretrian Colonies of the West and of Thrace?
- 6 Thracian Personal Names and Military Settlements in Hellenistic Bithynia<sup>1</sup>
- 7. Greek Reinterpretation of Iranian Names by Folk Etymology
- 8 Iranian Names and the Presence of Persians in the Religious Sanctuaries of Asia Minor
- 9 Semitic Name-Use by Jews in Roman Asia Minor and the Dating of the Aphrodisias <i>Stele</i> Inscriptions<sup>1</sup>
- 10 The Ambiguous Name: The Limitations of Cultural Identity in Graeco-Roman Syrian Onomastics<sup>1</sup>
- Name Index
- General Index
- Old and New Worlds in Greek Onomastics
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.