- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations and Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Seven Steps in the Evolution of the Human Imagination
- 2 Great Ape Cognition and the Evolutionary Roots of Human Imagination
- 3 Memes, Minds, and Imagination
- 4 Autonomy and Control in Children’s Interactions with Imaginary Companions
- 5 Imagination and Testimony in Cognitive Development: The Cautious Disciple?
- 6 Imagining Things: Mind Into Music (And Back Again)
- 7 Music, Science, and Culture
- 8 A Claim on the Reader<sup>1</sup>
- 9 Mental Imagery and Creative Thought
- 10 The Way We Imagine<sup>1</sup>
- 11 Specialized Inference Engines as Precursors of Creative Imagination?
- 12 A Module for Metaphor? The Site of Imagination in the Architecture of the Mind
- 13 Autism and the Imaginative Mind
- 14 Imaging Imagination: Brain Scanning of the Imagined Future
- Imaginative Minds
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.