- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration
- Chapter 1 Fractured Messages in a Common Tongue: France’s Educational Emissaries
- Chapter 2 Treating with the ‘Infidel’: Education and Negotiation in Syria
- Chapter 3 An Enduring Dilemma: Teaching National Identity in Lebanon
- Chapter 4 The Axis Factor: Fascist Overtures
- Chapter 5 Artists and Educators at War: Franco-British Competition for the Limelight
- Chapter 6 Rivalries Redoubled: Americans in the Levant
- Chapter 7 Scout’s Honour: Contending for Loyalty among the Youth
- Chapter 8 For My Country: Scouting as a National Movement
- The Claims of Culture at Empire's End
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.