- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Incongruities, Ironies and Achievements: India’s Tryst with Modernity
- 2 Growing Regional Variation: Demographic Change and its Implications
- 3 Costly Absences, Coercive Presences: Health Care in Rural North India
- 4 Economic Resurgence, Lopsided Reform and Jobless Growth
- 5 The Blind Side of Globalisation: Auditing Merchant Producers in India’s Export Sector
- 6 Unequal Opportunities: Class, Caste and Social Mobility<sup>1</sup>
- 7 The Die is Cast(e): The Debate on Backward Caste/Class Quotas, 1990 and 2006<sup>1</sup>
- 8 The Rise of Caste Politics: Party System Change and Voter Realignment, 1962–2004
- 9 Understanding Popular Politics: Caste, Kinship and Factionalism among Yadavs in North India
- 10 A Left Front Election
- 11 The Challenge of Representing the Complex Reality of India
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Diversity and Change in Modern India
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.