- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Adomnán’s Plans in the Context of his Imagining ‘the Most Famous City’
- 2 The Exegetical Jerusalem: Maps and Plans for Ezekiel Chapters 40–48
- 3 The Imaginary Jerusalem of Nicholas of Lyra
- 4 The ‘Pictures’ of Jerusalem in Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Laud Misc. 156
- 5 ‘Ista est Jerusalem’. Intertextuality and Visual Exegesis in Peter of Poitiers’ <i>Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi</i> and Werner Rolevinck’s <i>Fasciculus temporum</i>
- 6 Studying with Maps: Jerusalem and the Holy Land in Two Thirteenth-Century Manuscripts
- 7 Jerusalem under Siege: Marino Sanudo’s Map of the Water Supply, 1320
- 8 An Illuminated English Guide to Pilgrimage in the Holy Land: Oxford, Queen’s College, MS 357
- 9 Virtual Pilgrimages to Real Places: the Holy Landscapes
- General Index
- Index of Manuscripts
- Imagining Jerusalem in the Medieval West
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.