- Title Pages
- Figures and tables
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Global history: approaches and new directions
- 2 Problems in global history
- 3 Reflections on doing global history
- 4 Notes on some discontents in the historical narrative
- 5 Comparison in global history
- 6 Regions and global history
- 7 Institutions for writing the economic history of the global
- 8 Writing about divergences in global history: some implications for scale, methods, aims, and categories
- 9 The European miracle in global history: an East Asian perspective
- 10 Technology and innovation in global history and in the history of the global
- 11 The art of global comparisons
- 12 Global objects: contention and entanglement
- 13 Panel discussion: ways forward and major challenges
- Writing the History of the Global
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.