- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Notes on the Contributors
- 1 China: Development, Inequality, and Imbalance
- 2 The Indian Economy in the Post-Reform Period: Growth without Structural Transformation
- 3 The Challenges of China and the International Economy
- 4 India and the World Economy
- 5 The Social Consequences of Demographic Change in China
- 6 The Social Consequences of Demographic Change in India
- 7 The Modalities of Geographical Mobility in China and their Impacts, 1980–2010
- 8 ‘Lopsided’, ‘Failed’, or ‘Tortuous’: India’s Problematic Transition and its Implications for Labour
- 9 China: Energy, Environment, and Limits to Growth
- 10 Environment and Development in India
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.