- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Sponsored Sexuality, Aids and Tough Choices
- 3 Hands Across the Sea: Religion, Politics, Gender and Sex, in the US and Africa
- 4 From an Activist’ s Point of View: Experiencing Transnational Dynamics among African Migrant Communities in the UK
- 5 Global Moralities, Local Responses
- 6 Transnational Religious Networks Encounter Community Realities
- 7 Condoms, Pills and Professional Identity
- 8 Contested Sexualities and Shared Concerns
- 9 ‘I Don’t Want to Hear’
- 10 ‘If You Cannot Control Yourself’
- 11 Let’s Talk About Sex
- 12 The Choice of Health
- 13 ‘Decadent Imports’, ‘Vile Abominations’
- 14 Transnational Moralities and Invisible Sexual Minorities
- 15 The Mode of Transmission That Dare Not Speak Its Name: Islam, AIDS and the Public Secret of Homosexuality in Northern Nigeria
- 16 Epilogue
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.