- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- 1 The Politics of Fiscal Squeeze
- 2 Comparing Fiscal Squeezes Across Nine Country Cases
- 3 Managing Fiscal Squeeze after the United States’ Panic of 1837
- 4 The UK Geddes Axe of the 1920s in Perspective
- 5 <i>Carpe Diem!</i> New Zealand’s Fiscal Squeeze, 1990–1993
- 6 Fiscal Squeeze in Dutch Municipalities in the 1980s
- 7 Repeating History
- 8 Fiscal Squeeze in Germany
- 9 Fiscal Squeeze in Sweden, 1990–1997
- 10 A Perfect Storm in Reverse
- 11 Budget Politics in Really Hard Times
- 12 Politics In and After Fiscal Squeeze
- When the Party’s Over
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.