- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Abbreviations
- Notes on References
- Notes on Contributors
- 2 The Start of the Anglo-Latin Tradition
- 3 The 12th-Century Renaissance in Anglo-Norman England: William of Malmesbury and Joseph of Exeter
- 4 From Chronicles to Customs Accounts: The Uses of Latin in the Long 14th Century
- 5 <i>Elephans in Camera</i>: Latin and Latinity in 15th- and Early-16th-Century England
- 6 The Latin of the Early English Common Law
- 7 English Music Theory in Medieval Latin
- 8 Latin in Ecclesiastical Contexts
- 9 The Introduction of Arabic Words in Medieval British Latin Scientific Writings
- 10 ‘Go and Look in the Latin Books’: Latin and the Vernacular in Medieval Wales
- 11 Official and Unofficial Latin Words in 11th- and 12th-Century England
- 12 On Non-integrated Vocabulary in the Mixed-language Accounts of St Paul’s Cathedral, 1315–1405
- 13 Anglo-Norman, Medieval Latin, and Words of Germanic Origin
- 14 The <i>DMLBS</i> and the <i>OED</i>: Medieval Latin and the Lexicography of English
- 15 Making the <i>Dictionary of Medieval Latin from British Sources</i>
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.