- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Three War Veterans Who Don’t Tell War Stories
- 3 Scaling War
- 4 Imbalances: Mass Death and the Economy of ‘Sacrifice’ in the Great War
- 5 Civilians Writing the War: Metaphor, Proximity, Action
- 6 First World War Film and the Face of Death
- 7 The Zeppelin in the Sky of the Mind
- 8 Dissent and the Literature of the First World War
- 9 ‘Cosmopolitan Sympathies’: Poetry of the First Global War
- 10 Maternal Cosmopoetics
- 11 Encountering War, Encountering Others: Enid Bagnold and Mary Borden
- 12 Entangled Emotions
- The First World War
- Santanu Das, Kate McLoughlin
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.