- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Introduction: English Identity and Institutions in a Changing United Kingdom
- 2 England and Britain in Historical Perspective
- 3 Sovereignty, Devolution and the English Constitution
- 4 The Ghost in the Machine? The Government of England
- 5 An English Parliament: An Idea whose Time Has Come?
- 6 Interpreting EVEL: Latest Station in the Conservative Party’s English Journey?
- 7 Labour and the Governance of England
- 8 UKIP, Brexit and the Disruptive Political Potential of English National Identity
- 9 Territory and Power in England: The Political Economy of Manchester and Beyond
- 10 London within England: A City State?
- 11 England in a Changing Fiscal Union
- 12 How Do People in England Want to Be Governed?
- 13 English Nationalism in Historical Perspective
- Governing England
- Michael Kenny, Iain McLean, Akash Paun
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.