- Title Pages
- Figures and Table
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Visualization of the <i>Orlando Furioso</i>
- 3 Reading the Poem ‘in the Very Picture’
- 4 Landscape and Seascape
- 5 ‘englishing th’Italian Ariost’: The <i>Orlando Furioso</i> among the Elizabethans
- 6 Milton and Ariosto
- 7 Fiordispina’s English Afterlives
- 8 Ariosto in England in the Eighteenth Century
- 9 Lessons in Madness
- 10 Walter Scott and Ariosto’s <i>Orlando Furioso</i>
- 11 Authorizing Ariosto
- 12 Antonio Panizzi, Textual Editor of Ariosto
- 13 The <i>Furioso</i> in Translation
- 14 The <i>Orlando Furioso</i>, Writing and the Construction of Meaning
- 15 Entertainment and Irony: The <i>Orlando Furioso</i> from Modern to Postmodern
- Ariosto, the Orlando Furioso and English Culture
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.