- Title Pages
- Notes on Contributors
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Emotions in Times of War: Private and Public, Individual and Collective
- 3 ‘Macabre and Hilarious’: The Emotional Life of the Civilian Gas Mask in France during and after the First World War
- 4 Little Ruby’s Hand: Young Women and the Emotional Experience of Caregiving in Britain after the First World War
- 5 The Tears of 1939: German Women and the Emotional Archive of the First World War
- 6 Wounded Pride and Petty Jealousies: Private Lives and Public Diplomacy in Second World War Cairo
- 7 Communities of Feeling: Fear, Death, and Grief in the Writing of British Servicemen in the Second World War
- 8 ‘Astray in a Dark Forest’? The Emotional Politics of Reconstruction Britain
- 9 In Search of Victor: Transnationalism, Emotion, and War
- Total War
- Claire Langhamer, Lucy Noakes, Claudia Siebrecht
- British Academy
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.